Saturday, September 8, 2012

"A nun dressed in blue picked me up and stitched my throat wound.  This happened in a grotto somewhere.  I found myself in heaven with the Blessed Virgin,  the angels and the saints.  They treated me with great kindness.  In their company were my parents.  I saw the brilliant thone of the Most Holy Trinity and Jesus Christ in His humanity.  There was no sun, no lamp, but everything was bright with light.  Someone sp oke to me.  They said I was a virgin, but that my book was not finished.  When my wound was healed I had to leave the grotto and the Lady took me to the Church of St. Catherine served by the Franciscan Friars.  I went to confess.
When I left, the Lady in Blue had disappeared."
Years later when in ecstasy, on September 8, 1874, the feast of Our Lady's nativity, Sr. Mary said, "On this same day in 1858, I was with my Mother (Mary) and I consecrated my life to her.  Someone had cut my throat and the next day Mother Mary took care of me."
~Bl. Mary of Jesus Crucified ( The Little Arab)